Entrepreneurship Development Cell
The objective of our EDC unit is to promote entrepreneurship among the youth and to nurture a passion for self-employment. This will open gates for creation of new knowledge-based innovative hi-tech ventures, industries and new breed of technopreneurs and more avenues of employment opportunities thus turning job seekers into job creators and in the process, leading the nation towards industrial excellence and self-reliance.
Objectives of EDC:
- •To create awareness on entrepreneurship among the students of engineering, MBA & MCA Programs
- •To conduct programs in Entrepreneurship enabling skills.
- •To identify and motivate budding entrepreneurs
- •To assist entrepreneurs in sourcing finance, identifying market, preparation of business plan and product development.
- •To guide the prospective entrepreneurs in knowledge based ventures.
- •To help entrepreneurs to acquire necessary skills to run the industry effectively.
- •To bridge the gap between Industries and Institution by carrying out the research activities for the industries.
- •To collaborate with other organizations and institutions.
- •To organize entrepreneurship development and awareness programs.
- •To undertake research studies to identify high technology areas having entrepreneurship opportunities.
- 1.Guest lecture by Mr. Srikanth M.D sun field Energy Pvt. Ltd Date 23-10-2013
- 2.Guest lecture by Mr. NiravModi Director elogics Pvt. Ltd Date 22-11-2013
- 3.Competition on innovative products /Ideas Date 22-1-2014
- 4.Guest lecture by SrikanthThirumalasetty Consultants e logics Pvt.Ltd Date 22-1-2014
- 5.Guest lectures by Mr.M.V.Sudhirkumar, MSME Mr. B Srikanth Sunfield Energy Pvt Ltd
- Mr. K.V.Ravi Kumar EDS Technologies Mr. Mohan Das Soft skill Trainer.
- 1.GRIET received grant worth Rs 53 lakhs from MSME (Micro small medium enterprise) a central government organization for encouraging students to become entrepreneurs
- 2.GRIET initiated collaborative start up culture with industries. This will help the students to gain hands on experience with the industries and industries can also utilize students’ potential
- 3.In this direction GRIET has established incubation centre with Bus eye solutions, software training in web technologies and mobile technologies for IT.
- 4.EDS technologies for mtech, civil and Technolexis for EEE and ECE are in process.
EDC coordinated by:
- Coordinator-Dr D Sailaja, Professor, Department of BT
- Member-Mr. K. N. Balaji Kumar, Associate Professor, Department of ECE
- Member-Mr. N.V. Ganapathi Raju, Associate Professor, Department of MCA
- Member-Dr D Indira, Associate Professor, Department of MBA