FINISHING SCHOOL is launched with the following motivation that all students at the end of their respective academic calendar should complete the course and be ready to take up the careers of their choice (Employment, Higher studies or Entrepreneurship). Hence the Finishing School aims
- To identify academically weak students in the First year based upon the criteria such as performance in entry qualifications, mid exams/ semester exams performance, periodic psychometric tests and assist them throughout the course to obtain the degree within the programme period.
- To assist the students who cannot pass out due to backlogs/dropouts for any reason.
- To assist Training and Placement Cell, Career Guidance & Counseling Cell and EDP Cell to mould their personality and acquire appropriate skills.
Plan of Action
The school implements the following plan of action.
- To get the students data from the Front Office/ Departments.
- Sort the data in year wise and course wise.
- To identify academically weak students in First year and those with backlogs in subsequent years.
- Identify the teachers for all subjects.
- Prepares the Time-Tables and schedules for the remedial classes.
- Information to all the students/parents about the conduction of the classes.
- Encouraging the students for attending classes.
- Conduction of the classes.
- Providing necessary supporting material for the subjects.
- Conduction of Tests.
- To assist Training and Placement cell, Career Guidance and Counseling Cell and EDP Cell.
- Maintenance of records.
The school shall function under the control of a coordinator who is directly responsible to DAA.