AICTE Scheme for Promoting Interests, Creativity and Ethics among Students (SPICES) is a program established by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) in India. The aim of the program may be to foster a culture of creativity, innovation, and ethical behavior among technical education students in India.
This scheme provides financial support to institutions for developing students' clubs for the well-rounded development of students by promoting their interests, creativity, and ethics. This club should serve as a model for other clubs in the institution and also those in other institutions. Through this scheme the institute is provided with a “Financial assistance of ₹ 1 Lakh to a Student Club to develop it as model Club”.
To energize and position students club/ Chapters/ Societies as facilitating entities for the pursuit of individual interests, creative work, showcasing talent, networking and teamwork opportunities, social experience; organization and management skills, exposure to professional ethics, etc.
AICTE SPICES - OBJECTIVES:
The primary objectives of the events conducted under the SPICES scheme were as follows:
- To encourage students to showcase their creativity, problem-solving skills, and innovative ideas.
- To promote interdisciplinary collaboration and knowledge sharing among students.
- To foster ethical values and social responsibility among the student community.
- To provide a platform for students to network, interact, and learn from industry experts and professionals.
Under the SPICES scheme, GRIET organized the following events:
- AICTE SPICES GRIET PARLIAMENT.
- AICTE SPICES GRIET MODEL UNITED NATIONS.